HP Envy 5540 Printer – 123.hp.com/setup 5540
You might wonder why we refer this printer similar to Optimus Prime from the Transformer movie franchise. The thing is the unique traits of the printer and its expertise in giving the right output.
Creativity is everything, and with this device, you can perform functions such as copy, scan, and fax. Among these attributes, the HP ePrint feature impresses us the most.
The borderless images are printed to the paper’s edge, and without any trimming, you can acquire beautiful photo prints!
Read this blog to get valuable insight about the 123.hp.com/setup 5540 printer and the various setup techniques.
HP Envy 5540 USB Printer Setup
The printer has to be set up using a USB cable connection to achieve the immense end product. Acquire the full packaged HP printer driver as it helps you to tackle any hassle. Take note of the steps below to perform the 123.hp.com/setup 5540 process:
- The HP Envy 5540 has to be powered on and make sure that you have acquired the USB cord
- Initially, it would help if you disconnected the USB cord from the computer
- Inquire the Windows panel for gadgets. Then the devices & printers control panel has to be opened
- Then, right-click on the printer and choose Remove device. Eliminate all the unnecessary icons
How do you Install the Driver for HP Envy 5540?
While you perform the 123.hp.com/envy5540 setup, follow the instructions to get the driver:
- First of all, surf to 123.hp.com, feed the printer and read the steps to induct the driver
- The process depends on the printer variant that you’ve been using
- At that time, you shall be prompted to choose the connection type i.e., USB
- Then enter the correct operating system and tap the enter key
- A list of drivers shall get displayed accordingly
- Under the driver pane, choose the download option and get the full software package
- Otherwise, you can also opt for primary drivers in case of other alternatives
- Depending on the functionality, you can operate the printer in your way
Installing the HP Envy 5540 Printer
Carry on the 123.hp.com/envy5540 installation process by going through the guidelines below:
- First, you need to unpack the HP envy 5540 from the box
- Eliminate all the stickers that you find inside and outside of the device
- Even the smallest paper pieces are a hindrance, clean the printer thoroughly
- Please take out the cartridges from the package and install them into the designated positions
- If the toners are empty, fill them with ink
- Link the HP Envy 5540 to a power source and power on the printer
- Download a compatible software file for the device to perform its functions
- Sign up for a new identity on the HP website and vouch for the ink replacement service to acquire original cartridges
Troubleshooting the HP Envy 5540
You can use the procedures and tips to troubleshoot the issues. In turn, you can avoid the hassles from originating at different intervals.
- To clear off random error conditions, you need to restart the computer and the printer
- Then, the USB cable has to be disconnected and reconnected
- Link the printer to a varied USB port on your computer
- If you employ a docking station or USB hub, connect the cord directly to the PC
- The presence of other USB connected devices can be a significant headache. Disconnect such gadgets immediately
Also, make sure that you install the right firmware version. Since you might be using the disc, you may end up with an older file. It causes problems in the end!
Trying different drivers can also result in controversy.