HP OfficeJet 6958 How to Scan
HP printers are known for their efficiency and workability. Particularly, the HP Officejet 6958 is a multi-functionality heaven that just doesn’t print, but can also scan and fax. This factor makes this one of the go-to options in the workplace. This can save room and power, without compromising on the performance. The easy accessibility of the printer that compliments the engineering capability makes this a beast of a device. There is also the added benefit of the vast support platform that lets you print in peace without worrying about any problems. Read this blog on HP Officejet 6958 how to scan, to use your printer to its fullest.
What do I Need to Scan the Documents using HP Officejet 6958?
You will need,
- The HP Officejet 6958 printer
- A fast and reliable internet connection
- Your laptop or computer
- A material to scan
How to Scan Using HP Officejet 6958?
Follow the steps below to scan using HP Officejet 6958. You should use the HP scan to scan the required documents in a jiffy.
- Make sure you have the HP scan application installed on your device.
- This can enable you to scan the documents with ease. You can also adjust the alignments on your document output using this application.
- This will be included when you install the full-featured software download, if not try downloading it separately.
- Coming back to the printer, open the lid to stack your documents in the scanning array.
- The side that you want to scan should face down/ face the glass side of the printer.
- Use the markings to adjust your document’s position for the best results.
- Now, close the scanner lid and come back to the computer.
- Now launch the desktop application of your printer on your computer.
- If you don’t have a shortcut of the application on your desktop, simply search for the application by typing in your printer’s name on your search bar from the START menu.
- Launch the right application once you’ve found it.
- This will open the HP assistant on your computer or laptop.
- Click on the SCAN tab on the application to proceed with the process.
- Now click on the tab that says “scan a document or photo”.
- It will take a moment to load the details.
Setting the Preferences
- You can set all the preferences here.
- You can customize the format in which you want to save your file.
- If you take a look at the right side of the application, you can see various menus like the source, page size, item type, the image of the document, destination, etc.
- Make sure you set the required preferences here.
- There will also be a checkbox that says “show viewer after the scan”. If you want to look at the preview of the scanned document, check this box out. Do otherwise, if not.
- Click on the SCAN button at the bottom to complete the process.
- When you view the preview, you can adjust the image properties like brightness and exposure on the right side of the application.
- Click on SAVE to save the document on your device.
- You are all set to rock now.
For further information regarding HP Officejet 6958 how to scan please contact our support team who are always ready to help you at 123.hp.com/setup with your problems.