HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Fax Setup
Fax is a suitable mode of communication in a professional environment or work-place. Even though there are a lot of things that can be used as an alternative to faxing, nothing has come close to replacing it. Your big-old fax machines will take a lot of space, and honestly, it is not that good looking. With the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720, you can use the multifunctional features like printing, faxing, and much more. It is wise to use this instead of allocating separate space and running a bunch of cables into each of your devices. Read this blog to know how to set up a fax on HP OfficeJet Pro 8720.
Follow the steps below to complete the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Fax Setup
The setup process is explained with your conventional landline telephone. The choice of phone you use is up to you, but in most of the professional space, landlines are used.
- Along with the package that your printer came in, you will get a telephone cord.
- You can also use an external wire to connect your printer. Just make sure that you choose a two lead, not a four lead.
- Now, link one end of the telephone cord to the port that runs through your wall, and the other end should go to your printer.
- In a printer, the telephone cord should go specifically into the 1-line port.
- If you want to hook up an answering machine, you don’t want the fax machine noises to be heard on your phone.
- So, connect the answering machine to the 2-ext port on your printer and connect the telephone to your answering machine.
- Now, you’ve to set up your basic preferences and configuration. You can navigate to the setup menus using the control panel on your printer.
1. Fax header
A typical fax header will consist of name, organization name, your fax telephone number.
2. Answer mode
You don’t have to accept the faxes or pick up the calls manually each, and every time your flashlight goes ON. Just enable this mode to auto-receive your calls and faxes.
3. Setting up of the Ring Type
You can choose between the “all rings” and “distinctive rings” if there is a special ring pattern for your fax line.
4. Fax Volume
You can adjust your volume level to get notified of the call. One can also enable the “silent faxing” option to cancel any ring tone.
- You can set your preferences according to your needs.
- After you choose your desired preferences, execute a fax test to confirm if the setup process was successful.
- You can find the “run fax test” on the control panel of your printer. Once you select this, you can analyze the test report to see if everything is set right.
Connect with our professional help-desk in case you have any queries regarding the fax setup on HP OfficeJet pro 8720 or HP setup and troubleshooting in general. We work 24/7 and are glad to get a chance to assist you at 123.hp.com/setup.